Verenigde Staten van Amerika

Hoewel digitaal, het blijft een sterk statement:

Commentaar op twitter:

Al Arabiya.net, Hibah Fares
Published: 23 October ,2016: 12:00 AM GSTUpdated: 20 May ,2020: 10:47 AM GST

Font Size
A “touching” artwork created during the beginning of Syria’s uprising in 2012 has caught the attention of a worldwide audience.
Through digital media Syrian artist Tammam Azzam has reconstructed the Statue of Liberty from the rubble of a destroyed building in Syria.

But during an interview with Al Arabiya.net, Azzam said he was ‘surprised’ by what he said was the ‘wrong interpretation’ the picture had recently received, compared to the more positive reactions it received in 2012.
He said pro-Assad and regime loyalists were sharing the picture and lying about its origins saying: “From a Syrian artist to America, using his own destroyed home in Aleppo.”
He said the work was done by a photomontage on the computer and not a real statue. The Syrian artist explained: “The Statue of Liberty in New York does not represent US politics and I used it only as the symbol of freedom.”

“The piece at the time was carrying a message of optimism despite all of the destruction in Syria,” he added “but that was a long time ago.”
Azzam said he doesn’t respond to people who were using his picture in a context that he had not intended.
“I’m an artist, and I’m busy with all my art work, and have no time to respond to anyone, I draw people and their worries, and not about politics,” he said.

Dick

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
Leden
Nieuwste lid
Rene Collaer
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan