melk en ijzeropname

Beste mensen,

Gisteravond belde mijn schoonmoeder en zij had gelezen dat je melk niet bij het eten moet nemen. Dat stuk ging over de peutermelk van een belangen leverancier.
We eten volgens het Weston Price dieet. Onze zoon krijgt na het eten een glaasje biologische rauwe melk. Heeft iemand hier kennis over? Is het zo dat bij rauwe melk niet aan de orde is dat Calcium de ijzer minderalen blokkeert? Ik ben heel benieuwd.

Mvg,
Ellen

Since I knew calcium can interfere with iron absorption, I considered all the raw milk I was drinking–I had recently gone from consuming about a gallon per week to a gallon and a half–but when I tried to find information on raw milk and iron absorption, I found that raw milk contains an enzyme called lactoferritin that holds onto iron until the body is ready to use it, or something like that. In other words, raw milk, if anything, would actually increase iron absorption. I’ve heard something similar about breastmilk before. Anyway, I just read it on a blog and the author didn’t reference the information, unfortunately. To play it safe, I tried avoiding dairy during my high-iron meals.

But I was still tired! So I did some more researching and I found that egg whites can inhibit iron absorption. I had never heard of this before. I eat two eggs for breakfast every morning (the one meal of the day that I always cook in a cast iron pan), plus egg here and there in baked goods. I also learned that calcium is not the only mineral that negatively affections iron absorption. Zinc does, too. However, I think that is only a concern with zinc supplements since many foods rich in iron are also a good sources of zinc, such as liver, beef, oysters and pumpkin seeds.

Things that help increase iron absorption: vitamin C (which I had known but forgotten); cooking vegetables that contain iron; and eating heme-iron (iron from animal products) with non-heme iron (iron from plants) to increase the absorption of the non-heme iron.

https://nourishingmylife.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/increasing-iron-absorption/

Mike

Mike, bedankt voor je reactie. Zoals ik het lees is het niet echt duidelijk, maar volgens mij is het geen probleem wanneer je rauwe melk/kefir neemt.

Mvg,
Ellen

Ja, rauwe melk is OK. Allereerst is het zelf een bron van ijzer (lactoferrine) en daarnaast bevat rauwe melk een enzym voor elke voedingsstof die het bevat, dus ook voor de ijzer. Pasteurisatie vernietigt echter dit enzym en alle andere enzymen.

Mike

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
Leden
Nieuwste lid
duncan
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan