Hi THE PERFECT HUMAN DIET filmmaker - CJ Hunt

cjhunt3

Hi WP NL,

I stumbled across your forum. Thrilled your interested in the film. Please note, if you send an email to iTunes NL, that will help get the film to your country faster and serve more people.

Of course, to me, it's disheartening to see so much Torrent activity. This is my life's work. You CAN get the DVD by snail mail at www.perfecthumandiet.com.. But more importantly, with your help, I can get the film into your country (and others faster), just email your iTunes and Cable providers asking for them to get it.

it's harder than it looks!

Again, thanks for your support. Best of health,

CJ Hunt

From California

Hi CJ,

Thanks for posting on our forum. I haven't seen your film yet, but if Micave recommends it it's probably worth seeing! Yes, I'm also guilty of downloading it thru a torrent and it's on my hard drive waiting to be viewed, but I can guarantee you that if the movie is good I'll buy an official copy. So these torrents aren't all bad, CJ!

Mike

CJ, I hope you'll be pleased to hear that I actually DID buy this film last summer, from the PPNF website.

I like it, however, to me it seems as if raw milk is not getting any credit , which I didn't expect from a PPNF promoted film.

Hi CJ,

How nice of you to post a reply on our forum. A few weeks ago I've emailed you about your documentary and the availability in the Netherlands but I did not receive a reply. Sadly enough the movie is only available on DVD for a premium price. That combined with the high international shipping costs and import tax makes it hard to obtain for a lot of people (money wise). Compared to the USA we earn way less money over here and therefore we have less additional money to spend on such items (compared w/ Americans). A dvd is an inferior medium as well compared to Internet content (legal or illegal).

So if you would like your story to be heard/seen I would recommend to make it easier for people to access your documentary. That means make it cheaper and easier to obtain.

Once it's released in the Netherlands ill get a copy. If it subtitled it would even be better so I can make people watch it who don't understand English.

Good work by the way.

CJ,

I watched the film last night. First off, thanks for making this information available! I do, however, have a few problems with some of the things that were mentioned in this film:

Lean meat. Cordain was the first to promote what is now known as the 'Paleo Diet'. In his book and in your film he mentions early man ate 'lean meat'. This is repeated by some of the other people you interview in the movie. Thus there's a very strong message in the movie to eat 'lean meat'.

You do, however, also have David Getoff of the PPNF in the film, although, sadly, the work of Weston Price is barely touched upon. Price came to the conclusion that ALL 14 indigenous populations he studied ate AT LEAST 10 times more fat-soluble vitamins, which are vitamins A, D, E and K. Of these, three (A, D, K) are of animal origin. In order to have that many fat-soluble vitamins in your diet you need to eat A LOT of animal fats, which blows the idea of 'lean meat' straight out of the water.

Yes, early man did eat some lean meat, but a close study of indigenous food patterns worldwide reveals that we all savored fatty and nutritious organ meats. In fact, you need look only at pre-war generations in western countries (or study old cookbooks) to know that organ meats were regularly on the menu before the second half of the previous century. How come Cordain and others overlooked this very important fact and why did you not set this straight in your film?

Exercise. In your film, you mention a study of modernized Australian Aboriginees, who participated in a study where they were asked to return to a traditional hunter-gatherer lifestyle for a period of time. All participants healed from whatever was ailing them, plus they lost weight. And here comes the most interesting fact, mentioned only in passing: they were LESS PHYSICALLY ACTIVE as hunter-gatherers than as modern humans. Clearly it was the DIET that cured them and exercise had very little to do with it. Yet later on in the film you have people stating repeatedly that early man was 'very physically active' and hammering the 'exercise more' mantra into our brains.

You can choose to exercise for social, fashionable and psychological reasons (ripped abs and biceps, endorphins), but it won't do you much good healthwise (it may even promote unhealthy stress levels). You need to change the DIET first and foremost. The Aboriginal study clearly shows that a hunter-gatherer lifestyle causes you to be physically active ONLY when following and chasing your prey, but that's pretty much as far as it goes. Like wild animals, we stalked our prey and tried to get as close as possible, to get within striking distance, something we have been very successful at. No jogging, cardio or power lifting required, just short sprints and a fair amount of walking in nature.

Milk. Cordain's message is that, like grains, milk is a neolithic food that, in evolutionary terms, came into our sights only yesterday. Yes, it's true that we started agricultural and livestock practices only as early as 10,000 years ago, due to the melting of ice and snow caused by global warming (without the aid of factories and SUV's, I might add). And yes, we did take a wrong evolutionary turn when we started consuming grains (even when properly soaked and fermented) and plant proteins. All of this is rightly pointed out in your film, including the shrinking of the brain and other skeletal problems due to mineral shortages, so no argument there.

But milk is a different story. Milk consists largely of animal fats and proteins, which, despite it being a new food, is a CONTINUATION of our evolutionary food staple, being animals fats and proteins from meat and fish. What's more, the sugars in milk (lactose and galactose) have been shown by the Weston A. Price Foundation to be the BEST and BEST ABSORBABLE sources of glucose of any food source, not in the least because this is a liquid food and therefore requires little or no digestion.

Instead, the tired old 'milk is for babies' message gets repeated. There's one guy stating that humans shouldn't be drinking milk beyond the age of two and certainly not milk from another species. From a nutritional perspective, that argument holds no water whatsoever. Domesticating animals and consuming their meat and milk gave us a huge evolutionary advantage, because now we no longer had to lead a nomadic lifestyle and follow large herds of herbivorous animals.

We only started processing raw milk (and thus depriving it from its rich nutritional content) less than 200 years ago, so for the most part of the last 10,000 years we consumed the milk RAW. Hippocrates prescribed raw milk diets as a cure for almost anything and for the past 10,000 years the raw milk cure has been hugely successful in curing a wide variety of ailments. Of course it has, it's a complete food, you could live on it exclusively in good health for the rest of your life! Weston Price described how nomadic tribes AS WELL AS THEIR HORSES in North Africa were able to survive the harsh desert conditions (caused by depletion of the soil as a result of ORGANIC agricultural practices, BTW) on nothing but raw camel milk. Raw milk certainly also worked for the Masai that Price visited and studied.

In fact, it's only because we developed the inventive brain power to milk these animals that we were able to benefit from the most mineral rich plant source on the planet: grass. We humans can't digest plant fiber, but ruminants, with their complicated digestive tract and multiple stomachs, can, so we can eat the meat and drink the milk. Milk is liquid grass and this is one of the reasons why cows are holy in India and their lives are spared.

And animals know it too. There's not a single animal that will turn down raw milk or cream or butter or yogurt. Not just cats, I've heard accounts of pigeons, squirrels, dogs, horses, pigs, chickens, you name it. In fact, if animals had evolved to milk ruminants there'd be a lot more dairy-consuming organisms on the planet, so we could finally do away with that old chestnut of 'humans are the only species that drink milk after nursing...'.

Humans just happen to be very creative in finding food sources, which is why we're the ONLY MAMMALS that eat lobsters, crabs, shrimps, snails, clams and oysters. You never hear that argument being used against humans! Even the Paleo crowd is starting to recognize the benefits of raw milk consumption. I guess that puts me in the 'Lacto Paleo' category, for what it's worth.

Nuts. I'm actually in a class all of my own, because I'm not a big fan of nut consumption either, which is actually very popular in Paleo circles. In your film you have this guy taking you thru the supermarket aisles. About bread and cereals he rightly states that they prevent mineral absorption. The substance responsible for this is an antinutrient in grains called phytic acid. Well, I hate to break this to the Paleo crowd, but nuts contain it too. In fact, any seed that hasn't yet germinated contains phytic acid to contain the life force (minerals, enzymes) for many thousands of years, if necessary, until the circumstances for germination are right (water and heat).

What's more, all these seeds evolved to be completely indigestible, so that other organisms can transport them in their gut for hundreds, maybe thousands of miles and then drop them elsewhere in a nice pile of manure. Why would you want to avoid indigestible, wood-like fiber and phytic acid in grains and yet eat these same substances in nuts?

In your movie, there's talk about how omega-3 fatty acids contributed to our large brain size, yet nuts are loaded with omega-6 fatty acids. The only nut that actually benefits us is the coconut and that's because the flesh and milk almost completely consist of saturated fat and minerals. How come a large portion of the Paleo crowd fails to see this, yet chooses to demonize grassfed raw milk, which contains no indigestible fiber, lots of healthy, brain-building fats, proteins, enzymes and minerals?

Although on the whole your film is a welcome alternative to the official food 'guidelines' (do you think early humans had a government telling them what and what not to eat?), there are some serious flaws, which I have described above and which will hopefully be corrected in an updated edition.

Mike

Quote:
And animals know it too. There's not a single animal that will turn down raw milk or cream or butter or yogurt. Not just cats, I've heard accounts of pigeons, squirrels, dogs, horses, pigs, chickens, you name it. In fact, if animals had evolved to milk ruminants there'd be a lot more dairy-consuming organisms on the planet, so we could finally do away with that old chestnut of 'humans are the only species that drink milk after nursing...'.

After reading this, I was curious to see if there was some truth in this statement...

So I have just conducted a test on our cat: I tried feeding him 3 types of cheese: Normal cheese from the supermarket Vs cheese bought from a local farmer Vs goat cheese made from raw milk also bought from a local farmer.

I alternately gave our cat a small piece of each type, and he refused to eat the normal cheese (every single time!), But he just ate all pieces from other 2 types of cheese (The non-industrial ones).

I think the evidence is clear.

http://www.sott.net/article/254666-Prehistoric-farmers-made-cheese
Quote:
Prehistoric Farmers Made Cheese

About 7,000 years ago, dairy farmers in modern-day Poland used clay strainers to turn cow's milk into cheese.

The new discovery offers the earliest evidence yet of cheese-making, which began before people developed the ability to digest the lactose sugars in unprocessed milk.

Not only did cheese, which contains very little lactose, provide a valuable source of nutrition for prehistoric Europeans. It also allowed them to store milk in a form that was easy to transport and would keep for months without spoiling.

Mike, Mooi stuk heb je geschreven hier boven.

Zou je het willen vertalen naar het Nederlands en op het form plaatsen in een anderen tag

lijkt me ook handig voor de mensen die net op dit forum zitten?

The Perfect Human Diet

Na de film te hebben gezien heb ik nog wel moeite met enkele zaken die in deze film aan bod komen:

Mager vlees. Loren Cordain was de eerste die wat nu bekend staat als het 'paleo-dieet' bevorderde. In zijn boek en in de film vermeldt hij dat de vroege mens 'mager vlees' at. Dit wordt herhaald door sommige anderen die in de film worden geinterviewd. Hierdoor bevat de film een krachtige boodschap om 'mager vlees' te eten.

In de film komt echter ook David Getoff voor, van de Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation. Helaas wordt het onderzoek van Weston Price nauwelijks genoemd. Price kwam tot de conclusie dat ALLE 14 natuurvolkeren die hij had bestudeerd MINSTENS 10 keer meer vetoplosbare vitamines (vitamine A, D, E en K) aten. Hiervan zijn er drie afkomstig uit dierlijke bron. Om zo'n grote hoeveelheid vetoplosbare voeding onderdeel uit te laten maken van je voeding moet je flink veel dierlijke vetten tot je nemen, waardoor het idee van 'mager vlees' finaal onderuit wordt gehaald.

De vroege mens at weliswaar wel wat mager vlees, maar een gedetailleerde studie van inheemse voedselpatronen wijst uit dat we altijd vet en voedzaam orgaanvlees hebben gekoesterd. Je hoeft dan ook alleen maar te kijken naar de vooroorlogse generaties in westerse landen (of er oude kookboeken op na te slaan) om er achter te komen dat orgaanvlees in de eerste helft van de vorige eeuw regelmatig op het menu stond. Hoe kan het dat Cordain en anderen dit zeer belangrijke feit over het hoofd hebben gezien en waarom is dit niet in de film rechtgezet?

Lichaamsbeweging. In de film wordt melding gemaakt van een gemoderniseerde groep Aboriginals in Australie, die gevraagd werden om gedurende een bepaalde periode opnieuw het leefpatroon van jager-verzamelaars na te volgen. Alle deelnemers genazen van hun klachten en vielen daarnaast ook af. En verreweg het meest interessante weetje, dat slechts terloops werd genoemd is: zij waren FYSIEK MINDER ACTIEF als jager-verzamelaars dan als moderne mensen. Het was dus overduidelijk de VOEDING die hen genas en lichaamsbeweging speelde hierbij geen enkele rol van betekenis. Verderop in de film wordt door andere sprekers echter meermaals herhaald dat de vroege mens 'fysiek zeer actief' was, waardoor de boodschap 'beweeg meer' er stevig in wordt gehamerd.

Je kunt de keuze maken om te sporten om sociale, modieuze of psychologische redenen (een wasbordje en opgepompte biceps, endorfines), maar qua gezondheid zal het je weinig brengen (en kan het zelfs onnodig veel stress veroorzaken, wat weer ongezond uitwerkt). Wat je eerst en vooral moet omgooien is je VOEDING. De studie van de Aboriginals toont duidelijk aan dat het leefpatroon van de jager-verzamelaar ertoe leidt dat je UITSLUITEND lichamelijk actief wordt als je een prooi volgt en hierop jaagt. Veel verder dan dat gaat de beweging niet. Net als roofdieren in het wild beslopen wij onze prooi en probeerden zo dicht mogelijk te komen, binnen aanvalsafstand, iets waar we bijzonder bedreven in waren. Hier is geen joggen, cardio of krachttraining voor nodig, alleen maar korte sprintjes en de nodige wandelingen in de natuur.

Melk. De boodschap van Cordain is dat melk, evenals granen, een neolitisch voedingsmiddel is dat, vanuit evolutionair opzicht, hooguit gisteren in beeld is gekomen. Het klopt inderdaad dat we landbouw en veehouderij pas zo kort geleden als 10.000 jaar terug zijn gaan bedrijven, door het smelten van ijs en sneeuw als gevolg van de opwarming van de aarde (zonder dat hier trouwens fabrieken en SUV's aan te pas kwamen). En we hebben absoluut evolutionair een verkeerde afslag genomen toen we granen (zelfs als ze goed geweekt en gefermenteerd zijn) en plantaardige eiwitten gingen consumeren. Dit wordt allemaal terecht in de film belicht, waaronder het inkrimpen van onze hersenen en andere botproblemen veroorzaakt door mineraaltekorten, dus wat dat betreft geen discussie.

Maar melk is een heel ander verhaal. Melk bestaat grotendeels uit dierlijke vetten en eiwitten. Ondanks dat dit een nieuw voedingsmiddel is, is het een VOORTZETTING van ons evolutionaire basisvoedsel, namelijk dierlijke vetten en eiwitten uit vlees en vis. Bovendien heeft de Weston A. Price Foundation aangetoond dat de suikers in melk (lactose en galactose) de BESTE en BEST OPNEEMBARE bron van glucose zijn in alle voedselbronnen, niet op de laatste plaats omdat dit een vloeibaar voedingsmiddel is en dus weinig of geen spijsvertering behoeft.

In plaats daarvan wordt de afgezaagde 'melk-is-voor-baby's'-boodschap herhaald. Er is 1 spreker die beweert dat mensen na hun tweede jaar geen melk horen te drinken en al helemaal geen melk van een andere soort. Vanuit een voedingsoogpunt is dit argument absoluut niet steekhoudend. Het temmen van dieren en het nuttigen van hun vlees en melk verschafte ons een gigantisch evolutionair voordeel, omdat we nu niet langer meer als nomaden hoefden te leven en geen grote kuddes plantenetende dieren meer hoefden te volgen.

We begonnen rauwe melk pas minder dan 200 jaar geleden te bewerken (en daarmee van zijn rijke voedingswaarde te beroven), dus het merendeel van de afgelopen 10.000 jaar dronken we de melk RAUW. Hippocrates schreef rauwe melkdieten voor als middel tegen vrijwel elke kwaal en de afgelopen 10.000 jaar heeft het rauwe melkdieet op zeer succesvolle wijze een breed scala aan gezondheidsklachten weten te verhelpen. Dat is ook logisch, want het is een compleet voedingsmiddel, je zou er volledig op kunnen leven, in goede gezondheid en voor de rest van je leven! Weston Price beschreef hoe Noord-Afrikaanse nomadische stammen MAAR OOK HUN PAARDEN in de schrale woestijn (veroorzaakt door bodemuitputting als gevolg van BIOLOGISCHE graanteelt!) wisten te overleven op niets meer dan rauwe kamelenmelk. Rauwe melk bracht ook de Masai die Price bezocht en bestudeerde veel goeds.

Het is puur omdat we de inventieve hersencapaciteit hebben ontwikkeld om deze dieren te melken waardoor we konden profiteren van de meest mineraalrijke bron van plantaardig voedsel op deze planeet: gras. Wij mensen kunnen geen plantenvezels verteren, maar herkauwers, met hun complexe spijsverteringssysteem en meerdere magen, kunnen dit wel, waardoor wij weer hun vlees en melk kunnen nuttigen. Melk is vloeibaar gras en dit is een van de redenen waarom koeien heilig zijn in India en hun leven wordt gespaard.

En dieren weten dit net zo goed. Er bestaat geen enkel dier dat nee zegt tegen rauwe melk of room of boter of yoghurt. En dit geldt niet alleen voor katten. Ik heb verhalen gehoord van melkdrinkende duiven, eekhoorns, honden, paarden. varkens, kippen, noem maar op. Sterker nog, als dieren waren geevolueerd om herkauwers te melken zouden er veel meer zuivelconsumerende organismes op aarde zijn, zodat we ons eindelijk hadden kunnen ontdoen van dat achterhaalde cliche van 'de mens is de enige soort die melk drinkt na de zoogperiode...'.

Mensen zijn nu eenmaal heel erg creatief in het vinden van voedselbronnen en dit is ook de reden waarom we de ENIGE ZOOGDIEREN zijn die kreeften, krabben, garnalen, slakken, mosselen en oesters eten. Je hoort dit argument nooit gebruikt worden als tegenargument! Zelfs de paleo-aanhangers beginnen nu de gezondheidsvoordelen van rauwe melk in te zien. Hierdoor ben ik, denk ik, onder te brengen in de 'lacto-paleo'-categorie, voor zover dit belangrijk is.

Noten. Eigenlijk behoor ik tot een heel aparte categorie, omdat ik ook geen grote liefhebber ben van de consumptie van noten, iets wat erg populair is in paleo-kringen. In de film worden we door iemand langs de supermarktschappen geleid. Over brood en ontbijtgranen stelt hij terecht dat deze de mineraalopname verhinderen. De stof die hiervoor verantwoordelijk is is een antinutrient die fytinezuur wordt genoemd. Sorry dat ik de paleo's hiervan op de hoogte moet brengen, maar noten bevatten eveneens fytinezuur. Alle zaden die nog niet ontkiemd zijn bevatten fytinezuur om de levenskracht (mineralen, enzymen) desnoods vele duizenden jaren vast te kunnen houden, net zo lang totdat de omstandigheden (vocht en warmte) juist zijn om te kunnen ontkiemen.

Bovendien zijn al deze zaden geevolueerd om volledig onverteerbaar te zijn, zodat andere organismes ze honderden, misschien wel duizenden kilometers kunnen transporteren in hun darmen en ze vervolgens elders in een mooie mesthoop deponeren. Waarom zou je onverteerbare, houtachtige vezels en fytinezuur in granen mijden en tegelijkertijd deze zelfde stoffen wel in noten eten?

In de film wordt gesproken over de wijze waarop omega-3 vetzuren hebben bijgedragen aan onze grote hersenomvang, maar noten zitten bomvol omega-6 vetzuren. De enige noot die echt goed voor ons is is de kokosnoot en de reden hiervoor is dat het vruchtvlees en de melk vrijwel geheel uit verzadigd vet en mineralen bestaan. Hoe is het toch mogelijk dat een groot aantal paleo-aanhangers dit feit niet onder ogen willen zien en er tegelijkertijd voor kiezen om grasgevoerde rauwe melk, die geen onverteerbare vezels, volop gezonde vetten voor de hersenen, eiwitten, enzymen en mineralen bevat, in het verdomhoekje te plaatsen?

Hoewel de film over het geheel bezien een welkom alternatief is voor de officiele voedsel'richtlijnen' (denk je nu echt dat de vroege mens een overheid nodig had om hem te vertellen wat hij wel en niet mocht eten?), bevat de film enkele ernstige tekortkomingen, die ik hierboven uiteen heb gezet en die hopelijk in een herziene versie zullen worden rechtgezet.

Mike

Quote:
Tnx voor de vertaling!

for me the same! beetje engels lukt nog

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
Leden
Nieuwste lid
RobertApank
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan