Groente- en fruitsappen fermenteren

ruud

Pas las ik op deze site ergens dat Boschje het had over gefermenteerde wortelsap.

Ik dacht toen: verhip dit is DE manier om wortelsap echt goed bruikbaar te maken voor consumptie voor iemand die niet te veel koolhydraten tot zich wil krijgen, naast het feit dat het ook nog een extra toevoeging is voor een gezonde darmflora.

Normaal wordt wortelsap al geroemd vanwege veel goede eigenschappen: blijft staan dat er zoveel koolhydraten inzitten.

Met name misschien voor koolhydraatrijke groente zoals wortels en bieten om de suikers eruit te krijgen, lijkt me dit bijv. ook voor kankerpatienten een unieke kans (hen wordt vaak wortel en bietensap aangeraden ook, maar kanker groeit ook door koolhydraten, dus dat is dan weer lastig).

Ik ga er zelf nog mee aan de slag, maar ik nodig jullie graag uit om jullie methodes hier te delen als jullie in dit opzicht al opgeschoten zijn.

Overigens is er ook deze https://www.fatsforum.nl/topic/fermentatie-vragen#post-792 rubriek al op deze site.

Ik was eigenlijk vooral geinteresseerd in de sappen, omdat ik de plantenvezels erbij steeds minder interessant begin te vinden: ik blijf rauwe groentevezels, ook al zijn ze gefermenteerd, nog best lastig vinden om zelf verwerkt te krijgen: goed voor de mesthoop, daar niet van:)

Hier nog even een uitweiding over de voedzaamheid van de fermentatie van wortelsap:

Quote:
Improved Iron Solubility in Fermented Carrot Juice

While the following research was performed in a laboratory with very controlled conditions, the information we can glean from this is that lactic-acid fermentation improves carrots –

The Science Graphic

Increases availability of iron

Increases mineral availability

Decreases phytic-acid which is an anti-nutrient

This type of change and increase in nutrient availability is standard across all ferments, yet again confirming what nutritional experts have been saying, lacto-fermented foods are a necessary and vital part of our daily diet!

Improved iron solubility in carrot juice fermented by homo- and hetero-fermentative lactic acid bacteria

S. W. Bergqvist, , A. -S. Sandberg, N. -G. Carlsson and T. Andlid

Department of Chemistry and Bioscience/Food Science, Chalmers University of Technology, Box 5401, 402 29, Gothenburg, Sweden

Received 20 January 2004; accepted 30 April 2004. Available online 24 August 2004.

Abstract

To evaluate lactic acid fermentation as a means to increase the availability of iron in carrot juice, two strains (Lactobacillus pentosus FSC1 and Leuconostoc mesenteroides FSC2), two types of carrot juice and two modes of fermentation were compared. Fermentation improved iron solubility up to 30 fold. The total mineral content and the yield of soluble iron differed between the two types of juice.

Addition of pectolytic enzyme and cellulase further improved iron solubility in fermented juice by about 10%. L. pentosus FSC1 yielded the largest improvement in soluble iron, which was not simply a result of a decrease in pH. The concentration of soluble iron in Ln. mesenteroides FSC2 fermentation was linearly related to the major acids produced. Besides, the mineral inhibitor phytate was completely degraded in all the fermentations.

Lactic acid fermentation strongly improves iron solubility in carrot juice. The level of improvement was strain specific and related to the produced acids rather than a simple pH effect. Composition of carrot juice and addition of viscosity-reducing enzymes also contributed to this improvement. Our study suggests that carrot juice with high mineral availability may be achieved by fermentation using selected starter cultures, substrate and process.

Author Keywords: Iron solubility; Mineral availability; Lactic acid fermentation; Lactic acid bacteria; Biotechnology; Phytate; Organic acids; Carrot juice

http://www.pickl-it.com/blog/45/improved-iron-solubility-fermented-carrot-juice/

Hier een voorzet: recept 1:
Quote:
i have just recently been experimenting with fermented carrot juice and its fantastic. i love it.

i use 50/50 carrot juice and spring water, then add some of my special kraut i make myself. thats it. wait for one or two days, viola!

i like the 18 hour fermented juice best. after about 2 days it gets sort of tangy, almost has like a fizz. just like kvass, if you have ever made that.

next i will tray carrot juice with some beet slices added, sort of like kvass jazzed up with carrot juice.

here is how i make my kraut.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1212941

Recept 2:

Quote:
Fermented Carrot Juice

Ingredients:

1 Pound Of Peeled Grated Carrots

1/2 Gallon Of Spring Water

4 Tablespoons Of Coarse Kosher Salt

2 Tablespoons Of Cracked Mustard Seeds

1 Tablespoon Of Cayenne Pepper

Information:

Serving Size 6

66 Calories Per Serving

0 Grams Of Fat

Preparation Instructions:

I would like to thank Nick from Washington DC for allowing me to publish this one of a kind fermented carrot juice recipe. First you will need two clean and sterile plastic sealable one gallon containers. Next thoroughly wash, rinse, peel, and then grate your carrots. Place half of the grated carrots into each plastic container. Next place half of the spring water, half of the coarse kosher salt, half of the cracked mustard seeds, and half of the spicy cayenne pepper into each plastic container. Place the cap or lid on to each container, however make sure that it's on loose enough that gases can escape from the vessels during the fermentation process. Let these containers sit for seven full days at room temperature, or preferably at a temperature of 90 degrees Fahrenheit or 32 degrees Celsius. Make sure that the containers are facing the sunlight during the day, as this will speed and accelerate the fermentation. Once the called for seven days has elapsed, you will then want to strain the liquid through a cheesecloth into clean sealable glass juice jars. The final result should be a yellowish sour and spicy brew. The fermentation process pulls the juices and natural flavors right out of the sweet carrots. This fermented carrot juice will keep for three days in sealed refrigerated juice jars. On a side note, please use common sense and due diligence when making this, as you definitely do not want to consume any fermented beverages that have been improperly made, or have become rancid. With regard to the spices, feel free to adjust the proportions or even try adding different types of spices, as the end flavor of the juice is quite flexible. We hope that you have enjoyed this recipe.

http://www.carrotjuice.com/fermented-carrot-juice-recipe.html

Als het om ijzerinname gaat, verslaat dierlijke voeding, met name orgaanvlees, plantaardige voeding met de handen op de rug. Er kunnen andere redenen zijn om gefermenteerd wortselsap te drinken ter verbetering van de gezondheid, maar ijzer is er niet een van. Deze kanttekening moet voortdurend worden geplaatst wanneer er een bepaalde voedingsstof in plantaardige voeding wordt benadrukt. Dit is subtiele propaganda, bedoeld om ons van dierlijke voeding weg te houden, in het voordeel van plantaardige voeding. De agenda hierachter is om de mens om te turnen tot een planteneter, waardoor hij structurele voedingstekorten ontwikkelt.

Mike

Groente(sappen) fermenteren is een manier om ze gezonder te maken en de verteerbaarheid te verhogen. Het kan een leuke hobby zijn, maar ik zou deze moeite nooit doen puur voor het verminderen van de koolhydraatgehaltes. Ook 'zoete groentes' bevatten zo veel koolhydraten helemaal niet. Het zijn met name de zetmeelrijke groentes (zoals aardappelen) en de granen die een grote lading koolhydraten aanleveren. Tenzij je zo dol bent op groentesappen dat je er veel van drinkt, want dan kan ik me voorstellen dat je met wortelsap en bietensap inderdaad wel over de grens kunt komen. Bij de biowinkel verkopen ze overigens wel groentensappen die melkzuur-gefermenteerd zijn, aldus het etiket. Over de kwaliteit van dit fermentatieproces weet ik niks af...

Zie deze post en deze post als je nadere uitleg en onderbouwing wilt lezen.

Zou je groentensappen ook met waterkefir kunnen fermenteren?

Dank je Dennis!

Geen idee (voor wat betreft je vraag): ik zou zeggen van wel, zeker als het gaat om koolhydraatrijke wortelgroenten: misschien anders een beetje honing erbij nog? Het valt te proberen!

Verders:

Nog een gefermenteerde wortelsaprecept (no. 3 inmiddels) dit keer met kefir:

Quote:
I just want to share this recipe with you guys for lacto-fermented ginger carrot juice. I don't have a juicer but if you do then use it by all means. I took a couple handfuls of baby carrots and put them in the blender with some water and a piece of ginger. Squeezed the pulp out through a cheesecloth. Added 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp whey (from straining kefir). Let sit for 2 days and 1 night. It was very sour and fizzy, like a liquid version of the NT ginger carrot recipe. I did need to strain it as it was apparently not thoroughly blended and I had to shake periodically because the pulp settled. Still, it was good!

http://www.wildfermentation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1611

Recept 4 : gefermenteerde wortelsap komt uit nourishing traditions:

Quote:
Yield:

1 quart

Ingredients:

4 cups grated carrots, tightly packed (grate these fresh, from REAL carrots, not the little carved ‘baby’ ones)

2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger [TNC: please note that it says 1 Tablespoon in NT]

2 teaspoons sea salt (not iodized) [TNC: please note that it says 1 Tablespoon in NT]

4 T Whey – this is optional, omit and use TWICE the salt (4 teaspoons) if you don’t want to use whey

Preparation:

In a bowl, mix all ingredients and pound with a wooden pounder or a meat hammer to release juices. Place in a quart-sized, wide mouth mason jar and press down firmly with a pounder or meat hammer until juices cover the carrots. The top of the carrots should be at least 1 inch below the top of the jar. Cover tightly and leave at room temperature for about 3 days before transferring to cold storage.

http://thenourishingcook.com/follow-the-whey-to-ginger-carrot-land/

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
Leden
Nieuwste lid
RobertApank
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan