Carnivoor eten

Carnivore is where the rabbit hole starts.

You start by questioning carbohydrates.

That leads you to glucose and insulin. Then metabolic health. Then cholesterol.

And cholesterol is where the rabbit hole gets considerably deeper.

You start reading about statins, pharmaceutical trials, relative versus absolute risk, who funds the research and why so much of modern healthcare revolves around managing individual markers.

Then you start questioning the food industry. Why we eat all day. Why food needs 30 ingredients. Why animal fat became something to fear while industrially manufactured food became completely normal.

Eventually you’re questioning far more than food.

Artificial light at night. Barely seeing daylight. Sitting all day. Constant eating. Poor sleep. Then another product, prescription or gadget to deal with the consequences.

You thought carnivore was about changing your food and eating meat.
But you end up changing the way you look at modern life.

That’s why I call it Live Ancestral.

Who else has gone from that rabbit hole?



Mike
 
The longer I eat carnivore, the stranger supermarket food looks. Pork is pork. Beef is beef. Eggs are eggs, Butter is cream and maybe salt. Then you walk three aisles over and need a chemistry degree to understand the ingredients in something marketed as a “healthy” snack.

I’m quite happy eating the boring food humans have recognised for thousands of years.



Mike
 
I probably wouldn’t be here today if I didn’t make the changes that I made.

I was depressed. I was in a constant state of inflammation and I was losing my will to live.

Sleep was my only reprieve. The dopamine in junk food was my only joy.

I kept thinking, "What's the point?"

And all that changed after I dedicated myself to an animal-based diet. I immediately felt better and it made me want to live again.

That's why it's comical to me when someone tells me what’s on my plate is destroying me.

They have no idea about the hell I left behind to get where I am today.



Mike
 
Today marks 11 years as a carnivore. A progress report:

-Nutritional deficiencies: zero
-Blood tests taken: far too many
-Blood tests showing problems: zero
-Scurvy symptoms: zero
-Fiber deficiency symptoms: zero
-Chins: 1
-Manboobs: zero
-Deadlift personal best: 2× body weight
-Sleep: effortless and deep, 5–7 hours every night
-Afternoon crashes: zero
-Brain fog: zero
-Calories counted: zero
-Bloating: zero
-Digestive problems: zero
-Mental health on a scale of 1-10: 12
-Books written: 4
-Books I’d have written had I been eating plants: zero
-Days I was bored with steak: zero
-Plans to change: zero
-Sugar junkies concerned about my health: all of them
-Sugar junkies who were concerned about my health when I was fat and eating garbage: zero
-Convincing reasons sugar junkies have given me to eat plants: zero
-Health problems sugar junkies told me I would get from not eating plants: all of them
-Health problems I actually got from not eating plants: zero
-Years required before sugar junkies stop asking me whether carnivore is sustainable: more than 11

My guide to eating and cooking meat, which I wrote after 5 years of carnivore: https://saifedean.com/meat



Just passed the 3-year carnivore mark myself.

I don't talk about it much on here anymore since it's just normal life now, but going zero-carb has totally eliminated a lengthy list of health issues I struggled with earlier in life.

No more digestive problems, brain fog, low energy, sleep trouble, dry skin/acne, random aches & pains in my back/joints, and generally lower libido, motivation, and OOMPH in life due to lower testosterone.

I had no idea that fruits/vegetables/grains were causing all of these problems for me, since I was always told a "balanced diet" full of plants was the healthiest.

Well, I decided to listen to the crazy people on the internet and just TRY this weird all-meat diet as an experiment, and lo and behold, literally every single one of my health markers improved significantly in a matter of weeks.

It sent me deep down the diet rabbit hole, and the conclusion was clear: Eating plants is a scam. The human body's gut pH is 1.5, which means we are physically unable to break down plant fiber. It all just clogs up your system with bulk, and causes all sorts of problems (which is why the WEF, Big Pharma, and all of the other evil, anti-life organizations are relentlessly pushing veganism all the time. It creates a population of weak, low-testosterone, pill-dependent goy slobs).

I took a whole box worth of supplements back when I was on a "balanced diet", now I take absolutely nothing. I just eat one big meal of steak every night (yes, just ONE MEAL PER DAY, which sounds outlandish to the carb-addicted mind), and I'm fully satiated and energized for the next 24 hours. This is how our body is SUPPOSED TO WORK, not grazing like a sheep on 3+ meals every day, constantly thinking about your next sugar hit.

I don't care what health issues you or your loved ones are dealing with, I highly recommend you at least TRY going 100% carnivore for 90 days (animal products only; beef, butter, bacon & eggs), and keep a journal to see if it helps alleviate your issues.

The amount of health problems I have personally seen the Carnivore Diet improve or even cure, for countless people, is so expansive that I made an entire website dedicated to it 👇

Go to https://whycarnivore.com/ (@whycarnivore), and search the Table of Contents for a health problem that you or someone you care about is in the trenches with. Follow the link, listen to the testimonials, and see what resonates! 💪🥩

And follow these accounts for the best signal on the subject of carnivore, and health/diet in general 👇

@KenDBerryMD @SamaHoole @realzerocarb @tiras_corner @UKcarnivore @NutritionwJudy @SBakerMD @anthony_chaffee @holisticnut33 @CarnivoreFriend @ValerieAnne1970



Mike
 
There are so many things I love about the carnivore diet.

I don’t count calories.

I don’t spend half my life reading ingredient labels.

Steak is an acceptable breakfast.

Eggs are an acceptable dinner.

I can walk past the cereal aisle without pretending any of it is food.

My shopping list is ridiculously short.

I don’t need seventeen ingredients to make dinner.

I’m never thinking about snacks.

I can go hours without thinking about food.

I don’t buy low fat anything.

I don’t need fake meat pretending to be real meat.

I don’t need cauliflower pretending to be rice either.

I eat the fat on my steak.

I eat the skin on my chicken.

I salt my food properly.

I don’t need a cupboard full of protein bars.

I don’t drink green sludge and call it breakfast.

I’m never disappointed when someone says we’re having steak.

I don’t need six tiny meals a day.

I’ve stopped being frightened of eggs.

I don’t need a recipe book to cook my food.

My freezer looks like I’m preparing for an apocalypse, but at least it’s a well fed apocalypse.

I know exactly what’s in my dinner.

Beef mince counts as convenience food.

Bacon can improve almost any situation.

I’ve discovered how many different ways there are to cook an egg.

I’ve also discovered there are apparently limits to how many eggs you can mention online before somebody gets concerned.

Nobody can sell me a £7 bag of “superfood” powder anymore.

I don’t need food to entertain me.

I don’t spend Sunday afternoon meal prepping.

My plate doesn’t look like a botanical garden.

I actually look forward to liver.

I don’t care what time breakfast is supposed to happen.

I eat when I’m hungry.

I stop when I’ve had enough.

And after years of being told food needed to be complicated, I love how ridiculously simple eating has become.

Meat. Eggs. Animal fat. Salt. Done.

Carnivores, what would you add?



Mike
 

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
4.727
Berichten
642.023
Leden
8.713
Nieuwste lid
realrebbit02
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan