Quote, Citaat, Uitspraak.

Quote:
Patient: It's been one month since my last visit and I still feel miserable.

Doctor: Did you follow the instructions on the medicine I gave you?

Patient: I sure did - the bottle said 'keep tightly closed.'

“For the greatest enemy of truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the clichés of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

- John F. Kennedy, Yale University commencement address (June 11, 1962)

Three scientists were on a train and had just crossed the border into Scotland. A black sheep was grazing on a hillside. The biologist peered out of the window and said, “Look! Scottish sheep are black!” The chemist said, “No, no. Some Scottish sheep are black.” The physicist, with an irritated tone in his voice, said, “My friends, there is at least one field, containing at least one sheep, of which at least one side is black some of the time."

Net toen de rups dacht dat zijn leven voorbij was werd hij een vlinder.

Aristotle

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

There is no external help. The problem lies in asking somebody else to solve your own problem instead of asking yourself. I can give you ten thousand of my ways, but they are my way, not yours. An individual's questions are answerable only by the individual himself, and nothing would be gained by his sitting in on a recital of mine. -- Bruce Lee.

For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes maybe a lifetime. -- Bruce Lee.

The best doctor gives the least medicine.

Bejamin Franklin.

3 Things cannot be long hidden;the sun the moon and the truth.

Budda.

The cause is hidden, the effect is visable to all.

ovid.

If we pratice what we preach they eventually ask us to teach.

ad :wink:

Mooie quote ad! Maar zet er wel bij dat hier om een 'fish eye' gaat.

Heb ik er nog 1:

Eat three fish heads a week and no doctor one has to seek.

Pike

“Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light.”

― Bruce Lee

It only takes a spark of light to see in a darkness.

ad

Bij elk dierentuin staat een groot bord, “verboden dieren te voederen” zij worden namelijk ziek van nep voedsel

Als je daar over nadenkt.. wij worden ook ziek van nep voedsel.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but in the end, there it is."

Sir Winston Churchill

Forum statistieken

Onderwerpen
Leden
Nieuwste lid
Rene Collaer
Word vaste donateur van dit forum
Terug
Bovenaan